1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference B/W Seo & Smo?

Discussion in 'Webmasters Talk' started by superjohn4455, Jan 13, 2018.

1. superjohn4455

superjohn4455 New Member

Please give me suitable information about this, because I 'm interesting to know about this.

2. randiv

randiv New Member

There are no major difference in between SEO & SMO. SEO gives traffic and website popularity in search engine through keywords. SMO gives traffic through social sites.

superjohn4455 likes this.
  3. superjohn4455

superjohn4455 New Member

Thanks for sharing your knowledge this is quite helpful for me .

4. SEO stands for Search engine optimization used to search the ranks in search engines by keywords and phrases.SMO stands for Social Media Optimization where they are used in the business such as brands.

superjohn4455 likes this.
  5. seojesica

seojesica Member

I think both are the part of digital marketing. SEO gives website popularity & visibility in search engine and SMO gives social traffic & engagement.

6. Raj Sharma

Raj Sharma Member

SMO was originally designed to drive traffic from social media sites this not only bring traffic but also improve SEO performance. Good SMO will drive traffic from both direct social site referrals and from search engines. While on the other hand SEO is a process of making your site more search engine friendly so that your site will be visible in SERP’s.

7. SEO ( search engine optimization ) and SMO ( social media optimization) are both creating an impact in bringing traffic to a website. SMO actually is a part of SEO.