1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

limitations of meta tags?

Discussion in 'Webmasters Talk' started by business orientation inc, Apr 11, 2016.

1. what is the limitation for meta tags ?

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

If the mega tags made human user sick to read, the meta tags are too over.
    Don't spam and be reasonable are the principles.

3. kabirthapar

kabirthapar New Member

The limitations of meta tags are as follows-

Meta title- 55 to 60 characters including spaces
    Meta description- 160 characters

4. salenaadam

salenaadam Member

Meta descriptions can be any length, but search engines generally truncate snippets longer than 160 characters. It is best to keep meta descriptions between 150 and 160 characters.

5. Sgraphinfotech

Sgraphinfotech New Member

The Limitation of Meta title- 55 to 60 characters including spaces, Meta description- 160 characters.

6. johnsimth

johnsimth New Member

Title tag can be between 65-70 characters including spaces and Meta description tag can be between 150-160 characters with space.

7. seojesica

seojesica Member

I think you can use in meta title tags 55 characters, and in description tags 145-150 characters.

8. albertocosta

albertocosta New Member

Meta Description is of any length but search engine prefer meta description not longer than 160 character.

9. Raj Sharma

Raj Sharma New Member

Limitation of Meta title- 60 to 70 characters including spaces

Meta description- 160 characters with spaces.

10. randiv

randiv New Member

Yes, jesica, You are completely right in my point of view.

11. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh New Member

Hi Kabir
    I don't think these are the limitations but it is good practice to have the Short Title with a short description. And you can exceed the limit of the 65 characters but Search Engine will show the 50 Characters of the Title only but if you kept the long Title show sometime SE uses their own Title.